Operation Reach Out
At the August 12 MACD board meeting, we discussed ways to keep in better touch with districts. Jeff Tiberi prepared an idea (that got started with a meeting he had with Chris Evans) called “Operation Reach Out.” He proposed that assigning responsibilities to Area Directors for staying in contact with Districts would help the lines of communication stay open. The proposal has six steps:
- Agree within your Area which Area Director is responsible for maintaining communications with individual CDs in your Area.
- Agree that you (Area Directors) will attend at least one meeting per year of each District you are responsible for.
- Each month, agree to read the minutes from each District you are responsible for.
- After reading the minutes, agree to telephone the Board Chair or the Administrator of each District you are responsible for and ask if there are any issues/concerns/topics that they’d like to have brought forward to MACD. Send those items to the Executive Committee for inclusion on their monthly agenda.
- Agree at the 2019 Area Meetings to announce those Districts you are responsible for.
- Administrators agree to text, telephone, or email their assigned Area Director 3-5 days before their CD monthly meeting to remind the Area Director of the time and place.
The Board supported this idea. Mike motioned to accept Operation Reach Out; Dean seconded. Mark asked that Jeff T flesh out which Districts “belonged” to which Area Director. The Board approved unanimously.