The Montana Audubon is Seeking a Membership and Events Coordinator
Application is open until filled.
Summary of Position
The Membership and Event Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to coordinate Montana Audubon’s membership program and our events including our annual bird festival, Wings Across the Big Sky, our signature event that rotates to a different location in Montana each summer. This position is a key member of our administration team with a focus on cultivation and stewardship of supporters, ultimately nurturing and growing support for our work. We seek an energetic and enthusiastic person with a strong interest in relationship building that will help our organization better engage with members, chapters, donors and supporters. This position will be a key member of our Administrative Team (Executive Director, Operations Manager, and Communications Specialist).
• Be the primary point-person for organizing Montana Audubon’s events including our
signature annual event, Wings Across the Big Sky Bird Festival (a 3-day summer event for approximately 200 attendees) and assisting the Montana Audubon Center in Billings with their annual fundraiser, Evening Under the Big Sky (an evening gala for approximately 120 attendees). Also develop events that increase engagement with our current members and increase membership from new audiences.
• Acts as a key liaison for our 6 affiliated local Audubon chapters in Montana, attending
meetings (mainly ZOOM) and being a resource for them on behalf of Montana Audubon.
• Build, maintain, and promote our organization-wide membership program and develop strategies and techniques for continual expansion with an emphasis on growing membership, increasing renewal rates, and cultivation and stewardship of members.
• Work closely with Administrative Staff on a systematic program of annual giving, focusing on the principles of moving individuals up the giving ladder, as well as expanding monthly giving
opportunities, Bird-a-thon, and our annual appeal.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• 2+ years of professional experience in event planning, sales, development or related fields.
• Experience with institutional relationship building with different audiences, such as members, donors, and supporters both in one-on-one conversations and large event settings.
• A commitment to conservation and the mission of Montana Audubon.
• Experience using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database (specifically DonorPerfect) a plus.
• Possesses an even temperament, sense of humor, ability to take direction, and exercises good judgment and flexibility.
• Willingness and desire to be a team player within a collaborative work culture and be uniquely skilled in delegating duties to staff in a non-supervisory relationship.
• Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple deadlines and stay within budget.
• Flexibility to work occasional evenings, weekends, overnights and willingness to travel statewide as needed to meet with members, chapters, and conduct events.