WordPress Training in Kalispell
May 18, 2015
The Flathead Conservation District is partnering with the Montana Association of Conservation Districts to offer an introductory WordPress training on Tuesday, July 21, 2015, from 1:00 – 4:00 PM, at the Flathead Conservation District office in Kalispell. Kate Arpin, the Communications Director at MACD, will lead participants through a wide range of WordPress applications. The training is suitable for both novice and intermediate level WordPress users who want to assume greater responsibility for their district website. The training is free to all CD employees and supervisors, but pre-registration is required (space is limited).
Training topics will include:
- Posts vs. Pages: what content to put where
- Using Google Analytics to track visitors
- What to look for in a theme
- Plugin Management: which are useful, which are not, how many is too many
- Content Writing: tone & form for effective web communication
- Images: how to pick a good image; where to find free ones; using Pixlr to edit images
- Event Management: recommended event calendar plugins
- Publicize: connecting WordPress to social media to build web traffic
- Using basic HTML and CSS to add style & advanced layouts (if time allows)
Please let us know if there are additional topics or questions you would like to cover during the training.
The training will be hands-on, so participants are encouraged to bring a laptop computer. All participants will receive a copy of Easy WP Guide.
Register Online Here. To lock in your free spot, Conservation Districts please register by June 19th, 2015.
Registration open to non-CDs after June 19th, 2015. Cost for non-CD affiliated registrants is $20.
Questions? Contact Valerie Kurth, firstname.lastname@example.org or 752-4220